Assam SLET 2021 Examination. Check SET full eligibility criteria, online application, syllabus, test/exam centers, subjects, application fee, important dates, and much more information on Assam SLET/ SET Exam 2021.
Assam SLET 2021
The SLET Commission, Assam has recently released an official notification regarding the next Assam State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or SET Examination 2021.
The State Eligibility Test (SET) 2021 exam will be conducted on 14-February-2021 (Sunday) in all the University Centers of North East States.
Assam SLET 2021 Details
Exam Name: Assam State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or SET 2020
Conducted By: Assam State Capital Region Development Authority
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Exam: Offline
Exam Duration: 01 hour 15 minutes
Exam Date: 14-February-2020
Official Website: www.sletne.org
Eligibility Criteria for Assam SLET 2021
1. Any Indian National who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/institutions recognized by UGC.
However the scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PWD) Category, the Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to the non-creamy layer who have
secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible to appear in the Test.
2. Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the final qualifying Master degree (final year) examination and the result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination have been delayed may also apply for this Test
3. Candidates belonging to the third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fees, age, and qualifying criteria as are available to SC/ ST/ PWD Category.
4. The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks. (i.e from 55% to 50% for appearing in SET.
5. Candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD category are required to
attach a copy of the category certificate along with an online printout of their Application Forms (obtaining while applying on-line).
6. There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Asstt. Professors. Candidates who qualify in the test are eligible to apply for the post of Asstt. Professor within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission. They will be issued a Pass certificate and the validity period of the certificate is forever.
Subject of Test for Assam SLET 2021
At present, the test will be held in the subjects mentioned below (the code number to be used for the subjects is also shown against each):
|Name of Subjects||Subject Code|
Test Centres for Assam SLET 2021
It is endeavoured to make at least one centre in each constituent university of the SLET Commission with a minimum of 25 candidates. If the number falls short of this in a centre, then the candidates of that centre will be attached to the nearest centre.
|Name of Centres||Centre Code|
|Rajiv Gandhi Central University, Itanagar||06|
|Sikkim Govt. College||08|
(The particulars of the Co-ordinators cum Officer-in-charge of the SET Centres with their address will be notified in due course. Depending upon the number of candidates venues within the Centre will be arranged.)
Syllabus for Assam SLET 2021
Presently, the Commission has accepted the syllabus of the NET conducted by the UGC and the CSIR.
The Test will consist of two papers. All the two papers will have only objective type questions of the following forms:
(a) Multiple Choice
(c) Assertion and Reasoning
(d) True and False
The test will be held on a day in two separate sessions.
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 question||1 hour ( 10.00 A.M. to 11.00 A.M.)|
|Second||II||200||100 questions||2 hours (11.30 A.M. to 1. 30 P.M.)|
Paper-I shall be of the general subject, intended to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type questions based on the subject. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The compensatory time provided to the visually impaired candidates and PWD candidates with writing disabilities in Paper-I is 20 minutes. Accordingly, there is a provision of 20 minutes of compensatory time in Paper-II
Application Fee for Assam SLET 2021
|OBC (NCL)||Rs. 1050|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 1000|
Online Application for Assam SLET 2021
Candidate seeking admission to the test must apply online through the website www.sletneonline.co.in. Before applying online, the applicants should keep the scan copy of his/ her certificates, passport sized coloured photograph and signature ready with duly attested and signed by the candidate.
Age Limit for Assam SLET 2021
- There is no age limit.
- A candidate can avail any number of chances.
Important Dates for Assam SLET 2021
|Starting Date of Application||20-10-2020|
|Closing Date of Application||14-12-2020|
***Please read the full notification before applying (provided below)