“Must-Have” Books for APSC Preparation
The Best 13 “Must-Have” books you should buy if you are preparing for any Competitive Exams in Assam like APSC, etc.
Clearing the competitive exams is not everybody’s piece of cake. It takes loads of hard work, dedication, sacrifices and self-confidence to crack such nerve cracking exams.
Books, on the other hand, are the keys to these difficult-to-crack locks. A good book not only helps the students with questions & their answers, but they also teaches students time management skills, tips and tricks, and other stuffs which helps the aspirants get a step closer to their jobs, or let’s call it “Dream Jobs”.
Full NCERT Book List for APSC CCE Examination: CLICK HERE
So, understanding the need of the hour, we have curated out 13 Books which every Government Competitive Exam preparing candidate or Government Job Aspirant must have in their study table. Especially books for APSC preparation. These books are experts recommended and are highly beneficial.
Get Previous Year(s)/ Old APSC Question Papers (PDF): CLICK HERE
Books for APSC Preparation | APSC Book List
1. Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
2. Geography by GC Leong
3. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
|NAME: Fast Track Objective Arithmetic|
AUTHOR: Rajesh Verma
PUBLICATION: Arihant Publications
4. Lucent’s General Knowledge
5. Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
6. Class XI & Class XII Geography NCERTs
7. Environment by Shankar IAS
8. Indian Economy – Sanjiv Verma
|NAME: The Indian Economy|
AUTHOR: Sanjiv Verma
PUBLICATION: Unique Publishers India Private Limited
9. Assam Year Book 2022 – by Santanu Kaushik Baruah
|NAME: Assam Year Book 2022|
AUTHOR: Santanu Kaushik Baruah
PUBLICATION: Purbayon Publication
10. History of Assam by Sir Edward Gait
11. Assam: From Yandabo to Partition
12. A Brief History of Modern India
|NAME: A Brief History of Modern India |
PUBLICATION: Spectrum Books Pvt. Ltd.
13. Indian Art & Culture – Nitin Singhania
Download APSC Model Question Paper
Hope these books for APSC Preparation will help you. Wish you All the Best.
Also, don’t forget to leave your suggestions in the comment box below.
1. What is the full form of APSC?
The full form of APSC is Assam Public Service Commission
2. What is the qualification for APSC?
The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institution
3. What is the percentage of marks required for APSC?
For General Candidates- 60% (Percent) marks
For OBC/ MOBC/ SC/ ST(H)/ ST(P)/ Other Candidates- 55% (Percent) marks
4. What is the salary of APSC?
It may range from ₹22,000-₹87,000 + Other allowances. Note that this is not the exact amount. The exact amount may vary.
5. What is the age limit for APSC?
The candidates must be not less than 21 years and not more than 38 years. Upper age limit is relaxable as per the prevailing government norms. 05 years for SC/ ST(H)/ ST(P) candidates (i.e., up to 43 years) and 03 years for OBC/ MOBC candidates (i.e., up to 41 years)
6. Which are the best books for APSC preparation?
There are many books in the market which are useful for preparing for APSC. But, here we have included some of the best books to prepare for APSC Exam. Go through the full list here.
7. Is APSC Exam held every year?
Yes. The Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) is conducted by the Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) every year for all the eligible candidates to apply for the Assam Civil Services Exam.
8. What is the syllabus for APSC?
The full syllabus for APSC Assam is provided in the Official Website of APSC (www.apsc.nic.in)