One Time Incentive To National/ International Medal Winners Scheme | Assam |
Applications are hereby invited from eligible Sportsperson of Assam who has not applied earlier in January 2020 for financial assistance under the scheme “One Time Incentive to National/ International Medal Winners” for the Year 2019-2020 only @₹50,000 to 1000 sportsperson in the below given prescribed format as per the following criteria.
- The sportsperson must be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of Assam
2. The prominent Sports Personalities (above 21 years age) who represented the State in the International and National Level and brought laurels to the State will be considered for Financial Assistance
3. Budding Talented Sportspersons of the State between 12 Years to 21 Years as on 31-12-2019 (i.e., born on or between 01-01-1999 and 01-01-2008) are to be eligible under the Scheme for their performance in last three years i.e., w.e.f. 01-01-2017 to 31-12-2019.
4. The prominent Sportsperson, who are entitled to the Regular Sports Pension and One Time Financial Assistance provided by the Govt. of Assam will not be considered under the scheme.
5. Financial Assistance not to be provided to those who have already received Grants-in-Aid from this Directorate.
6. Sportsperson for both Participation and Medal Winning (both individual and team) in National and International Level Tournaments/ Championships conducted by the Committee/ Organizations which is duly recognized by the Indian Olympic Association (in case of National Level) and International Olympic Committee (in case of International Level) in the Mandatory Sports disciplines (in India and the Region) of Olympic/ Asian/ Commonwealth Games Committee shall be eligible under the Scheme
7. 15% reservation is to be made for the Sportspersons in Non-Olympic disciplines including Mountaineering and Adventure Sports.
8. Highest performance holder in State Level Tournaments both Team and Individual Events in Olympic discipline only are to be considered for awarding the incentive.
9. Medal winners of National School Games conducted by School Games Federation of India are also to be considered for the award
10. Aquatic event is to be included for consideration
11. Applicants can apply either through District Sports Office or District Sports Associations or State Sports Association
12. Medal winners will be given preference
13. The applicants (both individual and team) shall apply in one discipline only in which he/ she had achieved highest performance
14. Applications in hard copy duly certified and signed by the District Sports Officer or Secretary/ President of respective District/ State Sports Association shall be submitted to the office of the undersigned on or before 13-10-2020, failing to which the application will be cancelled forthwith
15. The base year is 2019.
16. Financial Assistance shall be awarded for current year only
- Age Proof Certificate (Self Attested copy of HSLC/ CBSE Admit Card or Birth Certificate or Passport)
2. Performance Certificate (Self Attested copy of the highest performance certificate achieved by the applicant must be enclosed with the application)
3. Photocopy of front page of Bank Pass Book of the applicant (Self Attested)
N.B: Application form is available in the official website: www.dsyw.assam.gov.in
Source: Niyomiya Barta (Dated: 01-10-2020) Page No. 11