Sports Talent Search Scholarship Assam, 2020-21: Eligibility, Qualification, Last Date, Official Notification, how to Apply, Scholarship Amount, etc.
Applications are invited from the eligible players of Assam for award of Sports Talent search Scholarship for the year 2020-21.
Name of the Scholarship: Sports Talent Search Scholarship
Last Date: 30-09-2020
- The applicant must be a citizen of India and a resident of Assam.
- The applicant’s age should be no more than 19 years on 31st March 2020 in case of School Students and should not be more than 25 years on 31st March 2020, in case of College and University Students.
- The applicants shall apply only in one discipline in which he/she had achieved the highest performance during the financial year from 01-04-2019 to 31-03-2020 in the National and State Level Championship.
- All members of the winning and runners-up team and first, second or third position holders in individual events in the State/national level Championship are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Application in fulltime employment in Govt. Dept./ Undertaking he/she will not be eligible for the award.
- The Scholarship shall be awarded for 1 (one) year only.
- The applicants are to collect application from the office of the Districts Sports Officers on or before 10th September 2020. The last date of submission of forms in their respective districts Sports Officers in 30th September 2020.
- No application will be issued and received directly by the Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam.
- Contact Number for any queries: 8638404612 / 8638110884.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of performance in:
a) State Level:
- The value of the Scholarship shall be ₹ 12,000 – Gold Medal; ₹ 10,000 Silver Medal; ₹ 8,000 Bronze Medal per annum
- Member of Champion/Runners-up team and those who have won the first three position in individual event in the State Championship, Organized by the Directorate of Sports and Youth Welfare Assam, State Sports Association, Zonal Inter-University competitions organised by the respective University State Board shall be eligible for the Scholarship. Sportsperson intending to avail Scholarships under Sports disciplines, having more than one functional organization within State of Assam or India shall not be entertained.
b) National Level:
- The value of the Scholarship shall be ₹ 20,000 Gold Medal; ₹ 18,000 Silver Medal; ₹ 16,000 Bronze Medal per annum.
- Member of the Champion/runners-up teams and those who have won first three position in individual event in the National Championship, Organized by the School Games in individual event in the National Championship, Organized by the School Games Federation of India, National Sports Federation, Sports Authority of India, Inter Zonal All India Inter-University Competitions Organized by All India University Sports Control Board shall be eligible for the Championship.
Official Notification: CLICK HERE