UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Exam 2024. Official Notification Released. 56 Posts for the role of Combined Geo-Scientist. Get all the Latest and Upcoming Assam Govt Jobs Recruitment 2023 News and Notification here at AssamGovJob.in
UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Exam 2024
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2024. The notification announced that this examination will be conducted for the recruitment of 56 Geo-Scientist Posts.
Interested & eligible candidates can apply for the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2024 can apply online on the links given below. The last date to apply for this examination is 10.10.2023.
Keep reading to know all the details about the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2024 like exam details, age limit, application fees, application process, etc.
UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Exam 2024 Overview
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination||Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2024|
|Free Alerts||YouTube | Telegram|
Details of the UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Exam 2024
Name of the Examination: UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Examination 2024
No of Posts: 56 posts
Category-I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
- Geologist, Group A: 34 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A: 01 Post
- Chemist. Group A: 13 Posts
Category-II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation)
- Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’: 4 Posts
- Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical ) Group ‘A’: 02 Posts
- Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics) Group ‘A’: 02 Posts
Age Limit for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam
- All candidates must be within the age range of 21-32 years of age, as on 01.01.2023
- Relaxation will be granted as per government guidelines.
Educational Qualifications for UPSC Combined GeoScientist Examination
- Geologist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo- Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Geochemistry.
- Geophysicist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India and Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B. : M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
- Chemist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India and Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical) under C.G.W.B. : M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B. : Master’s degree in Geology or applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology .
Application Fees for the UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Exam 2024
- UR/ OBC: Rs. 200
- Female/ SC/ ST/ PWD: Exempted
|Start Date of Application||20.09.2023|
|Last Date of Application||10.10.2023|
|Date of Prelims Exam||18.02.2024|
|Date of Mains Exam||22.06.2024|
How to Apply for the UPSC Combined Geo Scientist Exam?
Candidates who wish to apply for the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2024 must follow the steps given below carefully:
- Scroll down this page and click on the “Apply Online” option to go to the direct link to apply.
- This will take you to the official website upsc.gov.in
- Fill in the required details like your name, age, educational qualifications, address etc.
- Attach all the documents requested like your photo, signature, marksheets, etc.
- Once the form is duly filled & successfully submitted, candidates are advised to print two copies of the application form and keep it safely for further use.
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Join Telegram||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the total number of vacancies in UPSC Recruitment ?
A total of 56 Vacancies were announced in the UPSC Recruitment.
When is the last date to apply for the UPSC Recruitment?
The last date to apply for the UPSC Recruitment is 10.10.2023.