Assam OBC Scholarship 2024: Check all the details related to OBC Pre-Matric and OBC Post-Matric Scholarship Eligibility, Download Application Form, Last Date, Scholarship Amount, How to Apply, Qualification, Required Documents, etc here.
The Directorate of Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Other Backward Classes, Assam has released the official notification for the new Assam OBC Scholarship Scheme.
Basically, these are centrally sponsored scheme of Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships for the students of Assam belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC/ MOBC) for the academic year 2023-2024.
The interested and eligible candidates may apply online for Assam OBC Scholarship 2024 through National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at scholarships.gov.in
Notice: The last date for the submission of applications for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for SC & OBC students for the year 2023-24 for both fresh scholarship and renewal scholarships has been extended till 29th February 2024
Assam OBC Scholarship 2024
The Government of India has recently released the official notification regarding the fill up of application forms for the latest scholarship for OBC students of Assam in 2024. This scholarship, also known as the Other Backward Classes (OBC) Scholarship Scheme invites eligible OBC candidates to apply for a scholarship which is designed specifically for OBC students.
A brief overview of the new Assam OBC Scholarship 2024 has been provided below:
|OBC Scholarship 2024
|Pre-Matric & Post-Matric
|National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
|YouTube | Telegram
Assam OBC Scholarship 2024 Details
Scheme Name: Pre-Matric & Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC students
Academic Session: 2023-2024
Authority: Government of India
Application Portal: National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
Also Read: MLA Scholarship
Who are eligible to apply for Assam OBC Scholarship 2024?
The candidates who belong to the following groups may submit their online applications for the OBC Assam Scholarship:
- Pre-matric: Class IX to X (Component-I)
- Pre-matric: Pre-Matric scholarship to the children of those engaged in occupation involving cleaning and prone to health hazards (Class I-X) (Component-II)
- Post-matric: Post-matriculation level courses
This eligibility criteria for Pre-Matric OBC Scholarship and Post-Matric OBC Scholarship can also be understood from the distinction below:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship: Students who are studying in Class 10th or below will have to apply under this category i.e., the students studying from Class 1 to Class 10 have to submit their application under the Pre-Matric Scholarship category.
- Post-Matric Scholarship: Students who are studying in Class 11th or above, have to apply under the Post-Matric Scholarship category i.e., tudents who are studying in Higher Secondary, Graduation, Post-Graduation etc. have to apply under this category.
Last Date Extension Notice for OBC & SC Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria to apply for OBC Scholarship Assam
Citizenship: Open to Nationals of India only
Family Restriction: Only two boys of the same parents/ guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarship availed by girls of same parents/ guardian will not adversely affect admissibility of availing scholarship upto two boys of same parents/ guardian.
Note: Only those students who have an OBC certificate are eligible for this scholarship scheme. Without a valid caste certificate, the application will be simply rejected.
Annual Family Income to apply for Assam OBC Scholarship
Pre-Matric (Class-IX & X) [Component-I] and Post-Matric Scholarship:
Scholarships will be granted to the OBC students whose parental/ guardian’s income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakhs per annum. The income certificate should be obtained only from the Circle Officer of respective Revenue Circle.
Pre-Matric (Class I-X) [Component-II] Scholarship:
No income bar for the children of those engaged in occupation involving Cleaning and Prone to Health Hazards.
Note: Children of those engaged in occupation involving Cleaning and Prone to Health Hazards, eligible candidates will submit a certificate from District Social Welfare Office, identified officer of local body, Civic Agency or any such authority as designated by State Government.
Assam OBC Scholarship Helplines
Documents Required to Apply Online for OBC Scholarship Assam
The following documents are required to apply for the latest OBC Scholarship Assam 2024:
- Bank Passbook
- Caste Certificate (OBC)
- Income Certificate
- Aadhar Card/ Bonafide Certificate
- Applicants are advised to give only that bank account details which remains in active mode so that payment of Scholarship does not fail as all the disbursement of Scholarship will be made through DBT mode. The authority shall not be responsible for any failure of transaction due to inactive or incorrect bank details.
- Applicants to ensure that they have a bank account seeded with Aadhaar number.
- Aadhaar to be made mandatory for all applicants. However for minor applicants who apply without Aadhaar, it will be mandatory for parent or legal guardian to provide Aadhaar.
How to Apply Online for Assam OBC Scholarship?
The eligible candidates will have to apply online for the OBC Scholarship by visiting the Official National Scholarship Portal (NSP) for submission of online application forms.
The students can follow the steps mentioned below to directly apply online for the recent Assam OBC Scholarship 2024. Steps to apply online:
- Step 1: Scroll down and go to Important Links section
- Step 2: Click on Online Application Form
- Step 3: You’ll be redirected to a new webpage
- Step 4: Click on “New Registration“
- Step 5: Enter your details as required in the portal; and register yourself
- Step 6: Enter all the credentials and upload your documents as required in the portal
- Step 7: Click on “Submit“
- Step 8: Take a print out of your submitted application
Important Dates for Assam OBC Scholarship
|Institute Level Verification
|15th February 2024
Important Links for OBC Scholarship 2024
Scholarship Amount for Assam OBC Scholarship 2024
The value of scholarship is ranging from Rs. 100 to Rs. 500 per month depending upon the classes they study.
The value of the scholarship will include Maintenance Allowance, Reader Charges for blind students, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, Study Tour Charges/ thesis typing/ printing charges, and a book allowance for students pursuing correspondence course, for the complete duration of the course.
FAQs of OBC Scholarship Assam 2024
What is the last date to apply online for the Assam OBC Scholarship 2024?
The last date to apply online for the Assam OBC Scholarship 2024 is 10th February 2024
What are the documents required for Assam OBC Scholarship?
The eligible students will need the following documents to complete their online application for the Assam OBC Scholarship: Bank Passbook, Aadhar Card/ Bonafide Certificate, Caste Certificate and Income Certificate.
How can I get an OBC Scholarship in Assam?
If you are eligible for the OBC Scholarship Scheme in Assam then you have to submit an online application on the National Scholarship Portal (scholarship.gov.in)