LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022. LIC Scholarship 2022 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Last Date, How to Apply, Scholarship Amount, Other Details and Benefits. Life Insurance Corporation of India Scholarship 2022-2023.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme Overview
The LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation has recently released an official notification regarding the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022.
The LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme is a scholarship to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker families so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education and thus enhance their employability.
The interested and eligible candidates may apply online till 18-12-2022 (apply link given below)
Also Read: EWS Certificate
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022
|Name of Scholarship||LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022|
|Awarding Authority||LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation|
|Last Date||18th December 2022|
What is the objective of LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022?
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to Economically Weaker Section so as to provide them with better opportunities for higher education and thus enhance their employability.
What is the scope of LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022?
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private college/ university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and also Integrated Courses after XII Std.
What are the eligibility criteria for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022?
For Regular Scholar
- All candidates who have passed Class XII exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/ guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs.2,50,000 per annum are eligible to apply for the scholarship. The grant is provided to students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Integrated Courses, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses, Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges/ Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).
- All candidates who have passed Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/ guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 2,50,000 per annum. The grant is provided to students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in the field of Vocational Courses through Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
For Special Girl Child Scholar
- To encourage education to the girl child, Special scholarship for Girl Child after Class 10 for pursuing higher studies in 10+2 pattern for two years. The candidate who have passed Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/ guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 2,50,000 per annum. The grant is provided to girl students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in Intermediate/ 10+2 patterns.
Note: The regular scholarship should strictly be provided only to students who are going for under-graduation (or its equivalent). This scholarship is not meant for post-graduation studies.
Duration of LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
The scholarship shall be provided for the entire duration of the course for Regular Scholars and two years for Special Girl Scholar, subject to the candidate fulfilling the requisite eligibility conditions for renewal.
What is the scholarship amount for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022?
- Regular Scholar: An amount of Rs. 20,000 per annum will be awarded to the selected Regular Scholar and shall be payable in three instalments
- Special Girl Child Scholar: An amount of Rs. 10,000 per annum will be awarded for selected Special Girl Child pursuing studies in the 10+2 Course and scholarship shall be payable in three instalments.
Mode of Payment: The Scholarship amount will be transferred to Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. Therefore in case the candidate is selected for scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code and copy of cancelled cheque with name of beneficiary is compulsory. In case of merged banks, the new IFSC Code of the Bank should be mentioned.
Other Conditions for Applying for LIC Scholarship 2022
- Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000 per annum.
- Relaxations in upper limit of annual income criteria from the present Rs. 2.5 lakhs to Rs. 4.00 lakhs shall be granted only in cases where a woman (widow/single mother/unmarried) is the sole bread earner of the family.
- Selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and annual income of the family. Final Selection of candidates shall be done on merit based on the list of candidates eligible for selection in the descending order of marks obtained.
- In case of tie in the percentage of marks, students whose parent is having lowest income shall be given preference.
- Candidates who gain lateral entry in 2nd Year Engineering Degree courses or take regular admission in the 1st Year of Engineering Degree courses after completing Diploma shall be eligible for GJF Scholarship provided they have passed Diploma with 60% in the immediate preceding academic year.
- Candidates who change their stream after getting selected for Scholarship and the course duration is greater than the stream for which the student is selected, such students will continue to receive scholarship only for the duration for which they were originally selected. However, if candidate switches to a stream with lesser duration, then scholarship will be payable for the duration of the stream with lesser duration.
- Candidates who are pursuing courses under any stream through Correspondence or Part Time (Evening or Night Classes) / private candidates shall not be eligible for Scholarship.
- Candidates desirous of pursuing Diploma course in any stream after Class X will be allowed Scholarship under ‘Special Girl Scholar’ or ‘Regular Scholar’ category.
- Candidates passing Class XII (vocational) and pursuing studies in any stream as approved under the Scholarship Scheme 2022 will be considered for scholarship.
- The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
- Candidates selected under category ‘Special Girl Child’ should secure 50% marks in 11 th std to become eligible for renewal scholarship.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than one student in a family.
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from employer for employed parents supported by documents (from revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
- If a student violates any terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
- Out of the shortlisted candidates, Twenty (20) students will be selected under Regular Scholarship Scheme and ten (10) under Girl Child Scholarship Scheme depending upon merit and eligibility by the Divisional Office for grant of scholarships
How to Apply for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022?
Only online applications are to be submitted through the link on the home page.
Once the online application is submitted, the candidate will get acknowledgement at the email ID provided by him in his online application. Further correspondence will be made by the Divisional Office which is mentioned in the acknowledgement mail.
The candidate should ensure to submit his correct email id and contact number for communication at a later date if required. Bank Account details and IFSC code are not compulsory at this stage.
Important Dates for LIC Scholarship 2022
|Online Application Start Date||26-11-2022|
|Last Date for Online Application||18-12-2022|
Important Links for LIC Scholarship 2022
FAQs on LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022
What is LIC Scholarship Scheme 2022?
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Scholarship Scheme is a scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to Economically Weaker Section so as to provide them with better opportunities for higher education and thus enhance their employability.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to apply for LIC Scholarship Scheme 2022?
Students who passed Class X or Class XII in the academic year 2021-2021 and whose parental income is less than Rs. 2,50,000 per annum are eligible to apply for the LIC Scholarship 2022-2023
What is the Last Date to Apply for LIC Scholarship 2022-2023?
The last date to apply online for LIC Scholarship 2022-2023 is 18-December-2022.
How to Apply for LIC Scholarship 2022?
Only online applications are to be submitted through the link on the home page.
Get FREE!! Notifications
|Join Whatsapp Group||CLICK HERE|
|Join Telegram Group||CLICK HERE|
|Like Facebook Page||CLICK HERE|
|Follow on Instagram||CLICK HERE|
Disclaimer: AssamGovJob.in provides free educational & employment information to help job seekers. The information provided in AssamGovJob.in is collected from various sources across the web. We try to ensure that the provided information is accurate and useful. AssamGovJob.in makes no warranty, representation or guarantee as to content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, truthfulness and positioning of the information or the sources that the information may be relied upon for any reason. AssamGovJob.in will not be responsible for any errors or omission in this website and reserve the right to make changes without notice. In particular but without limiting anything here, we disclaim any responsibility for typographical errors and accuracy of the information that is contained in this site.