PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023: A step to enrich and nurture India’s rich cultural heritage. Check the important details of PM Vishwakarma Scheme 2023 like Eligibility, Documents, Registration Form, Online Apply, Last Date, Official Website, Application Form Pdf, Benefits, Qualification, Age Limit, and more
PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana Scheme was introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15th August 2023 in an effort to nurture and empower the age-old crafts of India by helping Indian craftsmen.
This scheme was launched on 17th September, 2023 as a part of the financial year budget for 2023-24. Recipients will be given a low-interest financial aid to invest in their trade, and they pay back after five years. This scheme is estimated to financially aid more than 30 Lakh craftsmen.
Keep reading to find all the details about the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 like its benefits, eligibility criteria, aims, etc.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 Overview
|Scheme||PM Vishwakarma Yojana Scheme|
|Introduced by||Shri. Narendra Modi, PM of India|
|Objective||To help the craftsmen of India|
|Year of Launch||2023|
|Beneficiaries||Craftsmen of India|
|Free Alerts||YouTube | Telegram|
Aim of Vishwakarma Sarkari Yojana 2023
The Government of India launched the PM Vishwakarma Scheme 2023 with the following aim in mind:
- To teach Indian craftsmen about business/industry-related skills and make them more effective.
- Modernization of all manufacturing equipment and improvement of efficiency, productivity, and product quality.
- To recognize all Indian craftsmen as “Vishwakarma”, and to boost the crafts industry in India by empowering them.
Benefits of PM Vishwakarma Yojana
The following are the benefits of the recently launched PM Vishwakarma Yojana:
- This initiative will help millions of traditional tool-using craftsmen & help traditional artists be self-employment and advertise their work.
- It will also help in expanding traditional arts and crafts employment.
- It will promote and preserv3 India’s rich culture & make Indian handicrafts more competitive globally
Features of PM Vishwakarma Scheme 2023
Here are some of the features of the Pradhan Mantri Vishwakarma Scheme:
- In the 2023-2024 Fiscal Year Budget Address, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman introduced PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- The budget funds PM Vishwakarma Yojana with Rs 13,000 crore.
- This program gives Kargil locals practical training.
- The government will lend Rs 1,000,000–Rs 2,000,000. The government contributes 5% to these loans.
- The project attempts to create community employment for traditional craftsmen & help keep the cultural heritage alive & thriving.
Trades covered under PM Vishwakarma Yojana
1. Wood Based:
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Boat Maker
2. Iron/Metal Based/Stone Based:
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver)
- Stone Breaker
3. Gold/Silver Based:
- Goldsmith (Sunar)
4. Clay Based:
- Potter (Kumhaar)
5. Leather Based:
- Cobbler (Charmakar)
- Shoesmith/Footwear Artisan
- Mason (Raajmistri)
- Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Barber (Naai)
- Garland Maker (Malakaar)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Fishing Net Maker
Eligibility Criteria for PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
The beneficiary will have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to apply online for the PM Viswakarma Yojana:
- Recipient must be a self-employed artisan/craftsman in a handiwork business.
- Recipient must be at least of 18 years of age.
- Recipient must be in the relevant trade and not have received any other government loans.
- One family member, be it husband, wife, and/or unmarried children will get the benefits.
Documents Required for PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
The following documents are required to apply online for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023:
- Aadhar card.
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Domicile certificate
- Phone number
- Email id
- Passport size color photograph
- Work-related documents
- Bank account details
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate.
How to Apply for Vishwakarma Yojana?
Interested & eligible candidates who wish to apply for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 must follow the steps given below carefully:
- Scroll down this page and click on the “Apply Online” option to go to the direct link to apply.
- This will take you to the official website pmvishwakarma.gov.in
- Create a new account or enter your existing Login credentials.
- Fill in the required details like your name, age, educational qualifications, address etc.
- Select the specific skill development program or course you’re interested in.
- Attach all the documents requested like your photo, signature, etc.
- Once the form is duly filled & successfully submitted, candidates are advised to print two copies of the application form and keep it safely for further use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023?
Indian craftsmen who need any financial aid to continue growing their business can apply for this scheme.
How can I apply for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023?
You can apply for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 by visiting the official website pmvishwakarma.gov.in