Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021-2022. Apply Online. Submit Online Application form. UGC Scholarship. Check Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply, Last Date, Age Limit, etc here at AssamGovJob.in
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021-2022 Notification
Ishan Uday is a special scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the students of North Eastern Region (NER) to promote higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region.
Under Ishan Uday scholarship scheme, a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses.
Students who are interested to avail the Ishan Uday Merit Scholarship will have to read the official notification of UGC Scholarship Guidelines before applying online.
The eligibility criteria and complete procedure for applying online is given below.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021-2022 Details
|Name of Scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Launched by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Beneficiaries||Students from North Eastern States|
|Courses||General Degree courses, Technical and Professional courses, including Medical and Paramedical courses|
|Objective||To provide scholarship|
|Eligible State(s)||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura|
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
Family Income: For availing scholarship under this scheme (UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme for NER Students), the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum.
Educational Institutes: Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
Class: Only first year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Course: For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
Reservation: Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Exclusions: The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
- Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Objective of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
The objectives of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021-2022 for North Eastern Region (NER) are:
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
- MLA Scholarship Assam | SUHRID Scheme | 2022
- Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021-2022 | Apply Online | Application | Check Eligibility | Last Date
- National Talent Search Examination Assam 2021: NTSE Application Form 2021-2022
- NABARD Student Internship Scheme (SIS) 2021-2022: Application Form, Eligibility, How to Apply, Last Date, etc
- DTE Assam Engineering & Technological Merit Scholarship 2020
Documents Required for Ishan Uday Scholarship
The following documents will have to be uploaded by the students at the time of applying under the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme on the Official Portal:
- Domicile certificate of the applicant (issued by the competent authority)
- Proof of annual family income (issued by the competent authority)
- Original copy of caste certificate
- First page of applicant’s bank passbook
- Original copy of Birth Certificate/HSLC Admit/HSLC Pass Certificate as Age Proof
- Copy of marksheet of last examination passed
- Admission fee receipt of the course undergoing
Note: For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
Scholarship Amount for UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship
An amount of Rs. 5,400 per month for General Degree courses and Rs. 7,800per month for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
- INR 5,400 per month, if studying in a general degree course
- INR 7,800 per month, if studying in technical, medical, professional, paramedical courses
Note: The amount of the Ishan Uday scholarship will be paid through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode
Selection Procedure for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
The selection process of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is based on following factors:
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
How to Apply for UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021-2022
The candidates need to visit the official national scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in for submission of online application this scholarship.
Students can also follow the below-mentioned steps to apply online for this scholarship:
Step 1: Scroll down, go to Important Links section
Step 2: Click on Apply Online
Step 3: You will be directed to a new webpage on a new tab
Step 4: Click on “New Registration“
Step 5: Enter your details as asked for in the portal; and register yourself
Step 6: After registration, enter all the credentials and upload your documents as required in the portal
Step 7: Click on “Submit“
Step 8: Take print out of your submitted application for future reference
- Starting Date for submission of Application Form: 20-09-2021
- Last Date for submission of Application Form: 30-11-2021
- Last Date for Defective Verification: 15-12-2021
- Last Date of Institute Level Verification: 15-12-2021
Apply Online (Fresh): CLICK HERE
Apply Online (Renewal): CLICK HERE
Official Notification: CLICK HERE
Official Website: CLICK HERE
FAQs on UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021-2022
Are only first year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII (CBSE Board) or equivalent examination of State Boards of NER are eligible to apply.
Are students enrolled in integrated courses eligible to apply?
Yes, students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. The awardee will however draw scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
Yes, however, the awardee will be eligible to draw scholarship only till the tenure of the first degree programme.
Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under this scheme?
Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal or more than Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum are covered under ambit of the scheme.
Is this scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
No, only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
What is the last date to apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship scheme 2021-2022?
The last to submit online application for UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2021-2022 is 30th November 2021. However, the last date for defective verification and institute level verification is 15th December 2021.