National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020. Online download the NTSE Application form for the year 2020-2021 here. Get full details on Eligibility Criteria, Scholarship Amount, Selection Process, Last Date, How to Apply for NTSE 2020-2021.
National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
The Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE) Assam has released an official notification regarding the Stage Level (Stage-I) of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination for the year 2019-2020. The interested students, who are studying in Class X, can apply online for this examination.
What is the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)?
National Talent Search Scheme is a flagship activity of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). The purpose of the scheme is to identify the talented students and nurture their talent on the basis of examination conducted. The Scholarship will be awarded as per the NCERT Rules.
National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020 Details
|Exam Name||National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)|
|Awarding Authority||National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|No. of Scholarship for Assam||202|
Scholarship Amount for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
The amount of the scholarship for the National Talent Search (NTS) Examination will be as given as under:
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250 per month for Class XI to Class XII
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000 per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates
- The Scholarship amount for PhD is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
Reservation under National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
Below is a set of relaxation available under the National Talent Search (NTS) Examination Assam:
- Assam State quota is 202
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging to the SC Category
- 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging to the ST Category
- 27% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to the OBC Category (Non-Creamy Layer)
- 10% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) from the year 2019-2020, who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs. Those candidates have to produce an income and assets certificate issued by the competent authority.
- 4% will Scholarship will be reserved for Physically Challenged Group of Students
Eligibility Criteria for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
The eligibility criteria for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020 is mentioned below:
- The Students of Class X studying in Govt., Local Body, Govt. Aided, Private Schools are eligible to appear in the examination
- Candidates studying in India only
- The candidates selected by the States/ UTs on the basis of their screening examination shall be eligible to appear in the National Level Examination to be conducted by the NCERT on the second Sunday of May each year (unless otherwise notified)
Selection Process for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
The selection process for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020 is mentioned as under:
- There will be two stages of the selection process for the award of this scholarship
- Stage-I (State-Level) selection will be done by State/ UTs and those who qualify Stage-I will be eligible to appear in the Stage-II (National Level) Examination, conducted by the NCERT
- State Level qualifying marks for the candidates of General Category is 40% in each paper and for the candidates from SC/ ST/ PH is 32% in each paper.
Exam Syllabus for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
- A written examination will be held on 13-December-2020 for the selection of the candidates under the National Talent Search (NTS) Scheme
- There are two papers: Paper-I – Mental Ability Test (MAT): 100 Marks; Paper-II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 100 Marks
- This is an OMR based examination. Each question shall carry one mark each in both the papers.
- There will be no negative marking in either of the tests
- Previous Years’ Question Papers are also available in the “Bidyarthi” app
- There is no prescribed syllabus for the NTS Examination. However, the standard of items shall be conforming to the level of Class IX and Class X.
- A separate booklet called ‘Learn about the Test’ containing sample items for both the Tests MAT and SAT is available in print as well as on the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in.
- The Mental Ability Test (MAT) will consist of 100 multiple-choice type items, with four alternatives. Each item will carry one mark. Candidates are required to answer the items on a separate OMR sheet as per instructions given in the test booklet and on the OMR sheet.
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) will consist of 100 multiple-choice items of one mark each. Each item shall have four alternatives, out of which only one will be the correct answer. There shall be 40 items from Science, 40 from Social Science, and 20 from Mathematics, Candidates are required to answer the items on a separate OMR sheet to be provided at the examination center as per instructions.
Examination Fee for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
|General and OBC Candidates||Rs. 250|
|SC/ ST Candidates||Rs. 225|
|Differently Abled Candidates||Rs. 220|
Exam Centres for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020 Application Form
The application process of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been made Online. The interested students have to download the “Bidyarthi” app from the Play Store of Android Phone.
Moreover, they can apply through the Govt. of Assam official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in. Applicants have to pay the exam fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card, Internet Banking at the time of the application.
The medium of Exam for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
The tests will be available in the following languages: Asamiya, Bangla, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. The candidate has to mention his option regarding the language in which he/she want to take the test in the application form. Accordingly, the question booklet in that language shall be made available to the candidate at the centre. After exercising this option, no request for the change of medium will be entertained.
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Assam 2020 Admit Card
The E-Admit Card (for NTSE) for the candidates will be available online. The candidate may download his/ her Admit Card by putting his/ her Application Number or Name on or after 01-12-2020. If the candidate fails to submit the required information of deposit required fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will be issued against them.
Important Dates for National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020
|Application process starts from||25-10-2020|
|Application process closes on||25-11-2020|
|Examination Date||13-12-2020 (Sunday)|
|E-Admit Card release date||01-12-2020 onwards|
You May Also Like:
- NABARD Student Internship Scheme (SIS) 2021-2022: Application Form, Eligibility, How to Apply, Last Date, etc
- DTE Assam Engineering & Technological Merit Scholarship 2020
- LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2020: Application Form, Eligibility, Last Date & Other Benefits
- National Talent Search Examination Assam 2020: NTSE Application Form 2020-2021
- Assam ST Scholarship 2020: Online Application for Pre & Post-Matric ST Scholarship
- Assam OBC Scholarship 2020: Online Application