Assam OBC Scholarship 2020 | OBC Post-Matric Scholarship Assam 2020 | OBC Pre-Matric Scholarship Assam 2020 | Scholarship Assam | Scholarships for students of Assam | National Scholarship Portal (NSP) |
Assam OBC Scholarship 2020
The Government of Assam has released an official notification regarding the Assam OBC Scholarship Scheme 2020. These scholarships are basically Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships for the students of Assam belonging to the Other Backward Classes (OBC/ MOBC) for the academic year of 2020-2021.
The interested and eligible candidates may apply online for Assam OBC Scholarship 2020 through the National Scholarship Portal or NSP (www.scholarships.gov.in)
Also Read: DHE Combined Merit Scholarship 2020-21: Apply Now
Assam OBC Scholarship 2020 Details
Name of Scholarship Scheme: Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students
Authority: Government of India
Eligible Classes: (i) Pre-Matric (Class I – X) and (ii) Post-Matric
Academic Session: 2020-2021
Application Status: Available
Eligibility Criteria for Assam OBC Scholarship 2020
Note: These Scholarships shall be available in India only and will be awarded by the Govt. of State/ Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e., permanently settled. Individual eligibility criteria for each scholarships are as given below:
Pre-Matric Assam OBC Scholarship 2020
- The scholarship award will be sanctioned in the case of students whose parents/ guardians income from all sources does not exceed 2,50,000 per annum.
- The scholarships may be given to the students enrolled in Class I or any subsequent Class of Pre-Matric stage in the case of day scholars, and Class III or any subsequent Class of Pre-Matric stage in the case of hostelers. The scholarship will terminate at the end of Class X. The duration of the scholarship in an academic year will be for 10 months.
- The scholarship will be tenable only in such Institutions and for such pre-matriculation courses, which have been duly recognized by the concerned State Government and Union Territory Administrations.
- The students may not be allowed to take up employment or render help to parents in their work during the course of studies.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure annual promotion except in case of unavoidable reasons to be certified by the competent authority of the scheme.
- The migration of students from one institution to another would not normally be allowed during the course of academic year except under exceptional circumstances and in the interest of student’s academic career.
- The scholar obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other pre-matric scholarship scheme.
- Regular attendance record not less than 60% in the previous year should be pre-requisite for availing scholarship.
- At least 5% students with disabilities should be covered for grant of the scholarships.
- To avoid any duplication, bank accounts of the target beneficiaries should be Aadhar seeded.
- 30% of the beneficiaries should be reserved for girl students.
Post-Matric Assam OBC Scholarship 2020
- The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the Central Govt./State Govt./ UT Administration
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions: “Scholarships shall not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Course and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training-Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra); Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at pre-examination Training Centres of All India and State levels.”
- Only those candidates who belong to OBCs so specified in relation to the State/UT to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/ B. Ed will not be eligible.
- Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where the tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing the tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/ Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/ Science/ Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/ diploma/ degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except for courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses will be eligible for reimbursement of non-refundable fees. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education. Besides reimbursement of the non-refundable fees, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs. 900/- for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
- Only two boys of the same parents/ guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarship availed by girls of the same parents/ guardian will not adversely affect the admissibility of availing scholarship up to two boys of the same parents/ guardian.
- A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other scholarship/ stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/ stipend, the students can exercise his/ her option for either of the two scholarships/ stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her, and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this Scheme from the date he/ she accepts any other scholarships/stipend. The student can, however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment, or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging, in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this Scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/ State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/ guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
- In the case of unemployed students whose parents/ guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum will be entitled to the scholarship under the Scheme.
Scholarship Amount for Assam OBC Scholarship 2020
The value of scholarship is ranging from Rs. 100 to Rs. 500 per month depending upon the classes they study.
The value of the scholarship will include Maintenance Allowance, Reader Charges for blind students, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, Study Tour Charges/ thesis typing/ printing charges, and a book allowance for students pursuing correspondence course, for the complete duration of the course.
Important Dates for Assam OBC Scholarship 2020
|Online Application Starting Date||20-10-2020|
|Online Application Closing Date||31-12-2020|
|Last Date for Defective Verification||18-01-2021|
|Last Date fo Institute Level Verification||20-01-2021|
Application Form for Assam OBC Scholarship 2020
The Assam OBC Scholarship 2020 Application Form is available only in the online format. The application form for the Assam OBC Scholarship can be accessed from the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) i.e., https://scholarship.gov.in
You May Also Like:
- DHE Mobility Grant Scholarship Assam 2023 – Scholarship for Assam PG Girl Students of Rs. 10,000
- LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022: Application Form, Eligibility, Last Date & Other Benefits
- Tea Tribe Scholarship 2022 | Apply Online for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for Class 9, 10, HS & College Students | Assam Scholarships
- MLA Scholarship Assam | SUHRID Scheme Application Form [PDF] | 2022
- Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021-2022 | Apply Online | Application | Check Eligibility | Last Date
- National Talent Search Examination Assam 2021: NTSE Application Form 2021-2022
4 thoughts on “Assam OBC Scholarship 2020: Online Application”
Pingback: MLA Scholarship Scheme (SUHRID), Assam, 2020: Details, How To Apply, Last Date
Pingback: DHSFW Assam ANM Admission 2020: Check Eligibility Criteria
Pingback: Assam VFA Training Course Admission 2021: Check Eligibility, Selection Process & Submit Online Application
Pingback: MLA Scholarship Assam | SUHRID Scheme | 2022